Friday Footnote # 152
Each week we share loads of content amongst Team ION and with our network. Content that inspires us, which we find helpful, or just makes us smile. We thought we would start sharing these insights every Friday. Welcome to Friday Footnote.
Next week Adam from the team is starting on the latest CEIC Wales innovation programme, with a 2-day overnight experiential taking place in Swansea.
The programme is aimed at third sector and industry partners, and is a fully funded programme which will support businesses to develop their circular economy understanding and innovation plans to support clean growth and contribute to Welsh Government’s ‘Net Zero Wales’ ambitions.
The aims of the programme are:
- to enhance innovation knowledge and skills
- to develop circular economy knowledge
- to enhance inter-organisational collaboration and build sustainable regional Communities of Practice (CoP)
- to breakdown silo's and encourage collaboration
- to develop clean growth plan / net zero plans and innovation plans
Transitioning to a circular economy requires a shift in mindset and business strategies with increased circular economy knowledge and innovation skills. However, the long-term benefits in terms of sustainability, cost savings, and business growth can be substantial, making it a worthwhile endeavour for forward-thinking businesses.
There is still time (just!) to sign up for the programme, which starts next Tuesday, so if you are interested in joining Adam and the rest of the delegates on this hugely important programme, get in touch with the CEIC team ASAP via their website.
What does it mean to be a 'purposeful' business?
As part of the Swansea University Festival of Social Sciences we are hosting a roundtable discussion on what it means to be a “purposeful” business – balancing profit, people and planet.
We are delighted to invite you to join us on November 15th from 5pm -7pm at Urban Foundry HQ to share your insights and views on this important topic. This is an opportunity for ideas to be shared between a range of organisations and individuals.
This event is part of an ongoing research project at Swansea University. Opportunities will be available for networking over refreshments. Please sign up via this link so we can collect any requirements.
- Kicking yourself for not saying something at a meeting? Here's how to speak up skillfully. (TED)
- Green Economy Conference - South West Wales - coming to Swansea (4theregion)
- 4 steps to define your purpose (IDEO U)
- The Authenticity Paradox (Harvard Business Review)
- Breaking down your innovation process (Kromatic)
- Creative West Wales launched at Canolfan S4C Yr Egin (UWTSD)
- Wales Climate Week 2023 (Welsh Government)
Become an extraordinary leader with ION
For over 14 years we have supported leaders at all levels to become extraordinary leaders. Whether you are just starting your leadership journey, or want to freshen up your skills and learn how best to implement the latest thinking, strategies and best practice into your business, we are here to help.
Get in touch with Adam on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat to find out how we can work with you to develop extraordinary leaders in your organisation.
#FridayFootnote will be taking a short break next week, but we will be back in a few weeks time.
Missed previous #FridayFootnotes?