Friday Footnote # 93
Each week we share loads of content amongst Team ION and with our network. Content that inspires us, which we find helpful, or just makes us smile. We thought we would start sharing these insights every Friday. Welcome to Friday Footnote.
This week is Learning at Work Week, which celebrates lifelong learning at work. As anyone who knows us will adhere to, we are massive advocates of #alwayslearning.
This week's #FridayFootnote is a learning special where we will share interesting reads that have caught our eye this week (and hopefully they interest you as well!), and discuss how you can get involved in Learning at Work Week, by signing up for one of our upcoming leadership programmes. Learning is for life, not just for learning at work week!
What have we learned this week?
- 7 ways Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z see the world differently (Shutterstock)
- From VR to kaizen, three organisations share their workplace learning strategies (Raconteur)
- REF Results show that 86% of our overall research and 91% of our research environment is world-leading and internationally excellent (Swansea University)
- The case for a 4-day work week (TED)
- How do I grow my business? Become a learning organisation. (ION)
- What does a successful talent management strategy look like in the hybrid era? (The HRDirector)
- The best leaders have a contagious positive energy (Harvard Business Review)
- As a leader, you need to start owning your mistakes and failures (Inc)
- Finalists announced for IoD Wales' Director of the Year Awards (IOD)
Real solutions for real issues
We pride ourselves on the fact that our leadership programmes focus on providing real solutions for the real issues that leaders face every day. But what does that actually mean? And how do we know that they actually do?
In our latest blog we took a deep dive into our latest New Leaders programmes, to find out exactly how the programme provides those real solutions.
Learning with ION
As it's Learning at Work week, and this week is an #alwayslearning special, it would be completely remiss of us not to mention our upcoming leadership programmes.
For over 11 years we have supported leaders at all levels to become extraordinary leaders. Whether you are just starting your leadership journey, or want to freshen up your skills and learn how best to implement the latest thinking, strategies and best practice into your business, we have a programme which meets your needs.
We currently run 2 tailored leadership programmes; ILM Level 3 New Leaders programme, and an ILM Level 5 Leading Growth programme. However, we are coming towards the end of our current funding cycle, so there are limited part-funded leadership programmes scheduled to take place. We know that everyone says 'time is running out'. But in this instance, it really is.
You can find out more about upcoming programmes on our Course page. However, if our programmes don't 100% meet your requirements, get in touch with Adam on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat to find out how we can work with you to develop extraordinary leaders in your organisation.
Missed previous #FridayFootnotes?