Friday Footnote #49
Each week we share loads of content amongst Team ION and with our network. Content that inspires us, which we find helpful or just makes us smile. We thought we would start sharing these insights every Friday. Welcome to Friday Footnote.
Here are just a few things that have caught our eye this week:
- The radical power of listening in a crisis (IDEO)
- Climate Change: £40m emissions cut plan for industry in South Wales (BBC)
- The future of work? It's a hybrid experience (The HR Director)
- Working from home? Here's why you should start your day with a 'virtual commute' (World Economic Forum)
- Why you should play a game that imagines your company's demise (TED)
- Keep Brainstorming - You're best ideas are still to come (KelloggInsight)
- Sustaining culture on virtual teams (DISCProfiles.com)
- How the government Restart Scheme will work (gov.uk)
- Why you should create a "shadow board" of younger employees (Harvard Business Review)
- Five strategies every leader must embrace to harness disruption (MIT Sloan Management Review)
- Registrations now open for Wales Tech Week 2021, showcasing Wales' innovative technologies sector (Wales Tech Week)
- Meet the newest member of Team ION, Bangor Programme Manager, Lorraine Hopkins (ION)
Building Proactive Resilience
We were delighted to announce last week our next virtual learning session, a 2-part session covering Mental Toughness: Building Proactive Resilience. Led by Leadership Development Specialist, and AQR International accredited practitioner, Andrew Veevers, this session is for anyone who would like to find out more about mental toughness, and how to build it into their personal development plans.
The session will cover; the origins of mental toughness, how to measure it, the 4C's and 8 factors of mental toughness, and 20+ exercises spread over the 6 interventions of mental toughness, to support the development of mental toughness and/or mental sensitivity. By the end of this session, attendees will have a toolkit of exercises they can personally use for their own development, as well as share with friends, family, and colleagues.
The sessions take place on Wednesday 12th and Wednesday 19th May, both starting at 1.30 pm. Sign up today.
Time is running out
Thanks to WEFO, we are currently able to offer our leadership programmes fully funded. However, the funding is currently due to end at the end of August 2021. Therefore, all programmes which start before the end of August 2021 are fully funded, and you can find details of these programmes on the courses page of our website.
Our next New Leaders programme is the final scheduled fully funded ILM Level 3 programme so if you are interested, check it out today. There are only 13 spaces remaining.
Missed previous #FridayFootnotes?
Diolch. Team ION